17.11.09

Junk Food For My Brain


I am cleaning my apartment and trying to pack as little as possible for my upcoming move. So when I looked at my magazine collection, which is completely out of hand, I knew they couldn't come with. So I thought I would give a quick flick through the pages to see if there is anything that I "needed" to keep for fashion inspiration or beauty tips. In the pages of Cosmo (which I hate to admit I love-it's like junk food for my brain) I found some lovely natural beauty tips tucked in between 101 Ways to Please Your Man and How To Touch Him There. Here they are:

Try a Homemade Honey Mask:

1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon hot water
1/2 Tablespoon any kind of jam

Apply evenly to your face. The fruit acids naturally exfoliate. Leave on for one min then wash off.

Share a Champagne Body Cocktail:

1 Cup of yogurt
1/4 cup of cheap bubbly (chill the rest for later)

Gently rub into each others (or your own) skin. The yogurt cultures and sugar slough off dead skin cells, while antioxidants from the champagne grapes repair damage.

So there it is, the ruminates of my Cosmo Magazine collection. R.I.P.

+

2 comments:

  1. Just wondering if you actually tried these????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did try the first one. It worked quite well! Honey is so good for your body. I also make one where I put white sugar and lemon juice together to exfoliate my face. I find it works better than anything I can buy at the store. Let me know if you try them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean the world to me! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...